Friday, May 22, 2009

Horny Toads

As I was parking the gator near the lake to haul some manure off the boat I saw some thrashing and splashing in the water.  I heard the solid stream of RIBBET...Croak...PEEP, Peep...as I crept closer I found two toads ganging up on the one in the middle.  They were attached tightly and not letting go as they tossed and turned through the seaweed.  "HHMMM, poor frog I thought...getting beat up by the other two."  I called Paul out to witness this freak of nature.  Upon seeing the thrashing amphibians he calmy stated, "It's mating season, James, look around." As I looked closer I saw hundreds of little toad heads popping out of the lake, piggy backed on top of each other, swimming around, floating still and even jumping attached as two.  So that's how I learned what it means to be 
a horny toad.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment