Sunday, May 16, 2010

Planting Dahlias and Kale

Today was one of those misleading gardening days...65 and blue skies...sunny and beautiful. Usually I get so excited and go plant all of my tomatoes and peppers and squash. I work hard all day and feel content at the night...until I wake up in the morning and scrape the frost off the windows and realize...my plants will now be suffering for the rest of the season.
But today I had patience... I must be growing up, or perhaps waiting for this baby is giving me self control in gardening that I never had before...Patience...I did work all day in the garden hoeing, watering and weeding. I only planted Dahlias and Kale...I hope they grow...It's good medicine to work in the garden, just when I was feeling like I have no hope, nor patience left...I found some in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment