Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Practicing Patience

I thought I was a patient person...but waiting for a baby to be ready to come out in the world is way more humbling than waiting for a plant to grow or teaching kids to behave at school.  After the Dr. told me I was ready to go and she would be seeing me 2 weekends ago...I have been a little delirious. I have probably thought Ok this is the night it's going to happen almost every night since.  It takes a tole on your confidence after 9 months of thinking OK I can do this...A woman's body is made for this....what am I trying to do again?

Just trying to practice positive patience and gratitude for things in my life.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say, is the next time you’re up, go stand in front of a mirror. You’re the best proof there is that the last nine months and the last two weeks and however many hours or days it takes to have this little wonder are all worth it, (even though you didn’t make me wait quite like you’re having to wait now)!

    But about the confidence…sorry to say that this is just the first of several deep “pockets” of insecurity (and impatience) that come with motherhood. Thankfully, they’re tucked into and surrounded by the exhilaration that comes with the rest of the vocation. I haven’t promised you much in your life, but I do CONFIDENTLY promise you this…it’s worth it! Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete